Jeff Rose is a dedicated trial attorney whose practice emphasizes civil and complex civil litigation. He focuses on plaintiff’s personal injury, environmental torts and property damage, business matters, and insurance disputes, including insurance coverage and insurance bad faith. Before he entered private practice, Jeff served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Norman D. Hanglund on the Denver District Court. He also clerked for the Sierra Club Environmental Law Program in Boulder, Colorado and at the Boulder County Attorney’s Office, where he worked under Andrew R. Macdonald, now a District Court Judge on the Boulder County District Court.
Throughout his practice, he has represented a wide number of individuals and businesses in lawsuits and arbitrations across the United States. Representative cases include:
- Representing downstream landowners in Teller County, Colorado in an environmental tort case against an upstream reservoir that released of tons of fine sediment during a reservoir drawdown procedure. The fine sediment flowed down stream, completely filling in a pond and essentially paving the river bottom. On behalf of the downstream landowners, Mr. Rose asserted claims for trespass, nuisance, and negligence. The case settled mid-trial for $1.625M.
- Representing a 17-year-old Colorado woman who was ejected from a vehicle during a one-car collision on a remote mountain pass. Mr. Rose helped to secure two six-figure policy limits settlements from the auto insurance carriers and had the settlements approved by a State of Colorado District Court Judge.
- Representing a Boulder, Colorado bicyclist who was hit by a car in downtown Boulder in claims against Progressive and Liberty Mutual.
- Representing a Front Range-area victim of sexual abuse in a widely publicized clergy abuse case. The case settled on confidential terms.
- Representing a Broomfield, Colorado plumber in a subcontractor dispute where the general contractor failed to pay his subcontractors despite being paid by the business owner. The case settled after suit was filed for the amount owed to the plumber under the contract, plus attorneys’ fees and case costs.
- Representing a Colorado nurse who suffered a traumatic brain injury after being hit by an uninsured motorist who fled the scene of the incident in claims against Farmers Insurance for uninsured motorist benefits. The nurse recovered a six-figure settlement.
- Representing a Lafayette, Colorado woman who was hit by an underinsured driver in an insurance bad faith case against Farmers Insurance. The case settled favorably on confidential terms.
- Representing a Denver-area nurse in a wrongful death case against a major front-range delivery company. The case settled on favorable and confidential terms.
- Representing a Boulder, Colorado cyclist in claims against USAA after she was hit by a large pickup truck while out on a training ride in Boulder County, Colorado.
- Representing a Golden, Colorado renewable energy worker who was hurt in an Oklahoma car crash while traveling for work. The case was resolved with two policy limits settlements.
- Representing a Lafayette, Colorado pedestrian who was hit by a car while walking in a marked crosswalk across South Public Road. After filing a lawsuit in the Boulder County District Court, the case settled favorably for six figures.
- Representing a major directory publisher in consumer dispute negotiations, arbitrations, and lawsuits throughout the United States from 2010-2014.
Bar Admissions and Professional Associations
Admitted to Practice in the Courts of the State of Colorado and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
Board of Directors, Boulder County Bar Association
Member, Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association
Member, Colorado Bar Association
Member, Boulder County Bar Association
Member, Boulder Rotary Club
Board of Directors, FC Boulder
University of Colorado Law School, Juris Doctor, 2008
Awards: Legal Aid Award for Outstanding Service and Commitment; Bernard J. Seeman Scholar; Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing and Appellate Court Advocacy
University of Wisconsin – Madison, Bachelor of Science in Biology, 2003
Awards: Graduate with Distinction, Dean's List
Prior to entering his career in law, Jeff worked as a research neurophysiologist at the University of Wisconsin Medical School, where he conducted brain imaging research and sigma receptor activation pathway research. He also served as a Patient Advocate at the University of Wisconsin Law School's Center for Patient Partnerships, where he helped cancer patients navigate treatment options, clinical trials, and financial assistance programs.
Jeff lives in Longmont, Colorado with his wife and dog. In his free time, he enjoys cycling (USCF Cat. 3), skiing, hiking, and playing the guitar.